Lisa Torraco In The News
Lisa Torraco, founder of Lisa Torraco Law, is frequently quoted in the media. She speaks for her clients when their cases make the news; she also is invited to speak to media outlets on criminal justice and gun rights topics frequently. Here is a sampling of her media portfolio.
Lisa Torraco is a local media commentator on criminal justice and crime issues.
News Items Related To The ‘Rust’ Movie Set Shooting
Ms. Torraco is the defense lawyer for one of the defendants – the assistant director – in the fatal “Rust” movie set shooting, also involving actor Alec Baldwin. The video below includes a public comment by Ms. Torraco about her client.
The following links lead to articles explaining the progression of Mr. Baldwin’s case:
- Alec Baldwin intends to finish production of “Rust” despite criminal charges in deadly shooting
- Alec Baldwin to be charged in deadly “Rust” Shooting
- Alec Baldwin Charged in “Rust” Shooting
- Alec Baldwin to be charged with involuntary manslaughter in ‘Rust’ shooting
- DA expected to announce this month if charges will be filed in ‘Rust’ shooting
- “This Cannot Be Right”: How the Gun in Alec Baldwin’s Hands Turned the Rust Set Deadly
- ‘Fast and loose’: ‘Rust’ crew member quit over lack of safety day before fatal accident
- Santa Fe officials issue search warrant for Alec Baldwin’s iPhone in ‘Rust’ shooting inquiry
- Lawyer for ‘Rust’ assistant director in tense exchange on Fox News; “He’s not responsible”
- Judge Issues Game-Changing Subpoena in ‘Rust’ Shooting – For Man Who Handed Gun to Baldwin
- ‘Rust’ assistant director who handed Alec Baldwin prop gun subpoenaed after declining investigation interview
- Jury begins deliberations in fatal Santa Fe shooting
- Lawyers of Distinction
- ‘Rust’ armorer sues ammunition supplier
- Dueling Accounts Emerge About What Happened in ‘Rust’ Set Fatal Shooting
- Attorney for ‘Rust’ assistant director says Alec Baldwin ‘did not pull that trigger’
In this video clip, Ms. Torraco says she was told by her client that actor Alec Baldwin did not pull the trigger on the prop gun that discharged on the film’s set, killing one crew member and injuring another.
Additional Criminal Defense Cases Successfully Represented By Ms. Torraco
Realty Firm Owner Is Cleared In Assault Case
A judge dismissed a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon against a prominent Albuquerque realtor who brandished a weapon in front of a tenant who invaded her Albuquerque office.
Two Charges Dropped Against Former Louisiana Deputy In Sex Abuse Case
A former Louisiana sheriff’s deputy had two charges against him dropped in a case in a sex crime case involving a minor. The crime allegedly occurred in New Mexico.
Española Shooting Suspect Released From Jail Pending Trial
Ms. Torraco secured the release of one of four co-defendants in the fatal shooting of a teenager in Alcalde ahead of their trial.
DA Drops Charges In 2018 Drug-Related Shooting
Prosecutors with the District Attorney’s Office dropped charges against a teenager involved in a shooting during an apparent drug deal gone bad that left another teen paralyzed.
Lisa Torraco in trial in Santa Fe, N.M.
Video Clips In Which Ms. Torraco Speaks Out On Criminal Justice
- BCSO aide faces new charges
- New Mexico State Senator Lisa Torraco comments First Criminal Justice Reform Meeting
- Senator Lisa Torraco visits and explains the issues of her district
- Lisa Torraco: Criminal Justice Reform on The Morning Brew
- Senator Daniel Ivey-Soto and Senator Lisa Torraco Interview
- There Is No Calling Greater Than To Exonerate An Innocent Man
Media Mentions Of Ms. Torraco’s Legislative Work As A State Senator
Thinking Outside The Box On Crime
State Sen. Lisa Torraco, in office from 2013 to 2017, helped lead the effort to rewrite the state’s criminal code.
It’s Time For N.M.’s Citizen Legislature To Bite The Dust
Lisa Torraco is praised as an effective, determined legislator in an opinion piece condemning New Mexico’s tradition of not paying its state lawmakers.
New Mexico State Senators File Lawsuit To Quash Illegal Civil Forfeiture Programs
Ms. Torraco co-sponsored a bill while in the state senate to end the practice of Albuquerque and several other cities illegally continuing a civil asset forfeiture program, which had been outlawed across the state previously.
Additional stories and web pages on the civil asset forfeiture lawsuit and the Forfeiture Reform Law:
- ‘Policing For Profit’ Lawsuit Survives In Albuquerque
- After New Mexico Abolished Civil Forfeiture, Cops Continue To Seize Cars
- Injustice For Justice, Senator Lisa Torraco