Turn To Lisa Torraco Law For Guidance On Your Toughest Cases
It’s a fact of life – even experienced criminal defense attorneys need advice on complex cases. Whether you’re wondering how to interpret crucial pieces of evidence or searching for the legal framework for your arguments, consulting with an accomplished defense lawyer can make the difference between a victory and an unsatisfactory result for you and your client.
Lisa Torraco, founding attorney of Lisa Torraco Law, provides attorney-to-attorney consultations for legal professionals throughout New Mexico. She leverages her experiences as a prosecutor, an adjunct law professor, a former New Mexico State Senator, and a criminal defense attorney to help attorneys with their most challenging cases. She is licensed to practice in federal and state courts and can deliver strategic counsel on pre-indictment preventive actions, criminal defense investigations, and criminal litigation.
Proven Strength In Resolving Complex Litigation
Ms. Torraco is no stranger to complicated felony cases. She represented the assistant producer in his “Rust” movie set shooting case, and gained a 2021 case dismissal for a prominent Albuquerque realtor who pointed a gun in self-defense at a tenant who had unlawfully intruded her office.
Other successful case resolutions include:
- A district attorney dropped five charges against a teenager accused of attempted murder during a drug deal, after the victim’s account of the shooting contradicted the police investigation.
- A New Mexico judge dropped several counts of sex abuse against a Louisiana man accused of assaulting a teenage relative.
- A state district judge nullified the civil asset forfeiture of an Albuquerque couple’s car after their daughter took it to a friend to be repaired, and the friend turned out to be a man with a revoked license and multiple DWI convictions who was caught speeding in the car.
Recognized For Criminal Justice Leadership And Advocacy
In her 30 years as a practicing attorney, Ms. Torraco has received multiple recognitions of her leadership in criminal law and reforming the criminal justice system. These honors include:
- A certificate of appreciation from the New Mexico Supreme Court for her work as a State Senator on the Civil Rules Committee to revise domestic violence forms and rules
- The National Association of Women Lawyers Award
- Named New Prosecutor of the Year by the New Mexico Bar Association in 1993
- Received the Governor’s Award for Outstanding Women by Gov. Bruce King
When your case has hit a roadblock, you can rely on Lisa Torraco to guide you back onto the path to an optimal result.